Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Publicity Of Personal Website Through Social Networking

I have found a very effective way of advertising my online business venture. One will not believe it, but the social networking community did help in developing contacts that generate targeted traffic to my site. Some of the methods that I incorporated are:

  • Applying a username that distinctly highlights my personal website. One can easily attract people with such dynamic site names, since they are interested in the same area of work that I expertise in.
  • One should be selective while choosing a social networking website. For instance, in my case I have a lot of interest in Internet Marketing, so my personal website basically talks about facts related to this process. Therefore, the social connections that I have developed through months of interaction are people who share a common thought process like me.
  • I always discuss about my area of interest and work mainly with my pals in the social networking site. In this way I have cracked many lucrative deals for my company. In fact, in turn they have also referred my site to their friends.
  • Another important thing that I have introduced is the use of back links in my blogs for the social networking site. Many a times I find people clicking the link out of curiosity. In fact, now I have popularized my personal website through my net friends. I back link their sites in my posts and in return they hyperlink my site in their posts in the social networking field.
  • I have also sent a lot of invitations to many people through the website. The list consisted of some with whom I have direct contact, and some who I picked while surfing the social networking community.

I feel this is definitely a process of lucrative social networking. It not only helps in advertising personal website, but at the same time builds contacts in accordance to my preferences.

No comments: